Portugal Golden Visa
The Portugal Golden Residence Permit Programme or Golden Visa launched by the Portuguese Authorities is a fast track for investors to obtain fully valid residency permit in Portugal and consequently travel freely throughout the 26 Schengen States. See latest satistics of approvals and investments
The Portugal Golden Visa programme has proven very popular with our clients and investors who are looking to achieve one, or all, of the following objectives:
- Dual citizenship for you and your family
- Visa-free travel in Europe / Schengen area
- Overseas property ownership
- Education and work possibilities in Portugal
- Alternative residency in terms of safety, security, health, education and lifestyle
Aimed at attracting foreign investment, the Portugal Golden Visa programme is considered one of the most attractive residency programmes for investors since it is a citizenship-by-investment solution where, through an investment (which can be property), you can obtain Portuguese residency / EU citizenship for yourself and your family without having to live permanently in Portugal.
The Golden Visa programme offers opportunity of a European Passport or permanent residency in 6th year.
- Straightforward and flexible investment requirements - see next column.
- Very few documents required for the Golden Visa Residency application.
- These applications have priority processing
- Extremely low minimum stay requirements - 35 days in total : 7 days in first year and 14 days following periods of 2 years.
- During this period, the investor does not need to live in Portugal, but can continue to live in country of residence
- Fully extendible to direct family members without further investment. Direct family members include dependent children and dependent parents of main applicant and spouse
- The Golden Visa Residency Permit gives freedom to travel to all Schengen area
- Possibility of Permanent Residency after 5 years and nationality after 6 years
- Can live & work in Portugal, even with residency in a different country
- Access to all Portuguese Public Services, including health and education
Under the Portugal Golden Visa programme, non-EU citizens simply need to carry out one of the following investments:
(A) PROPERTY (see qualifying properties)
- Minimum Investment of €500,000
- Purchase of one or multiple properties
- All property types qualify
- Possibility of co-ownership
- Freedom to use, rent or lease
- Programme details - click here
(B) TRANSFER OF FUNDS
- Minimum investment of € 1 million
- A fund deposit into a Portuguese bank account
- The purchase of Portuguese stocks/bonds
- A company investment
(C) Job Creation
- Creation of a minimum of 10 jobs
- No minimum investment value
- No limitation on areas/activities
- Compliance with Social Security obligations