Property Investment - the most popular choice
Portugal Golden Visa via property purchase is the most popular choice of investors since it requires the minimum financial commitment. All property types (land, property under construction or fully built) qualify and a number of properties may be combined to reach the minimum €500,000 Euros investment level See latest satistics of approvals and investments.
Obrana - integrated property company offering competitively priced, due-diligenced properties.
Obrana is an integrated property company that buys, designs, builds its own developments and thereby offers competitively priced properties. All properties are due diligenced and have the correct paperwork. The quality of Obrana's construction and aftercare service is echoed in numerous testimonials and awards. Obrana homes are located in sought after locations (sea view or golf developments) where the Obrana team is available on site to not only look after your property, but rent it should you wish
Portugal Golden Visa - Legal Information:
- Acquisition of properties above € 500,000 purchased after 8th October 2012
- Acquisition completed before the application for residency permit.
- Properties acquired free from any charges or mortgages.
- Minimum stays in Portugal – 7 days first year & 14 days following periods of 2 years.
- Residency Application made within a maximum of 90 days after entry in Portugal.
- Residency Permit granted for an initial period of 1 year & renewed for periods of 2 years.
- Possibility of permanent residency after year 5 and nationality one year later
Bearers of Investor Residency Permits may travel freely in the Schengen area of 26 European countries.
Portugal Golden Visa - Additional Information:
- Possibility of co-ownership with each co-owner making a minimum investment of € 500,000.
- Promissory Contracts of Purchase and Sale are acceptable for the initial investor residency application, provided that a deposit of a minimum of € 500,000 is paid. In this event, the purchase of the property needs to be effected until the time of the first renewal of the residency permit.
- Possibility of financing to purchase the property above the € 500,000 investment.
- The properties acquired can be freely rented.
Portugal Golden Visa - Documents & requirements:
- Valid Passport and Schengen Visa.
- Valid travel document and medical insurance for EU / Portugal.
- Updated property documents showing ownership of property.
- Proof of means of income and proof of address.
- Absence of criminal conviction and of interdiction to enter the country.
- Absence of notice from the Portuguese Immigration Authorities or Schengen Services.
- Declaration from the investor confirming compliance with the investment requirements.
Application costs paid to the Immigration and Borders Services *
- Initial application - € 517.40
- Issue of Investor Residency Permit - € 5,173.60
- Renewal of Investor Residency Permit - € 2,586.80
- Issue of Portuguese Residency Permit for Family Members - € 5,173.60
- Renewal of Portuguese Residency Permit for Family Members - € 2,586.80
* Costs are subject to updates and should be verified at time of application